Beauty Tips For Body Care
I'll make a long story short, I was 19 and got a bunch of tattoos. I got one on my chest, which never bothered me until I started dating my jerk ex-boyfriend. You can probably guess why. I wore only high-cut clothing for about a year (now 5 years total) before I began going to laser tattoo removal.Clinic 1: 4 sessions with 0 results (300$ per session in USA) Clinic 2: 5 sessions (120€ per session) Clinic 3: 4 sessions finally removing all ink (80€ per session).I went to the second clinic where the problems all started. After session 2 with this dermatologist, the tattoo site started bleeding and I started getting pits where the laser (worst pains of my life, I still flinch when anyone comes near my chest) went over the tattoo...huge blisters full of pus, the wound site was constantly oozing, mild infections where the skin turned colors, skin pits about a cm deep, etc. The dermatologist assured me that everything was fine, that this was normal. She would inject the wounds with steroids, give me bandages that are apparently for burn victims, and hand me tons of creams to try. I should have known better. But I didn't. Please don't judge me. Yes, I am naive. I have punished myself for so long, and I don't need anyone else to make me feel worse than I already do.One day, her practice randomly called me and said their laser was broken and I didn't need to see them again. So I made an appointment at a laser specialist in the city who had just moved there. I walked in and showed him the tattoo site, and he went nuts. He couldn't believe that someone had done that to me, I was shocked because I had been told that this was all normal by the dermatologist. We later learned that I was the first customer there that was a former patient of hers, and more followed with their burns, too. He successfully removed all of the ink and tried not to damage my skin further. By then, it was constantly red and irritated, the scarification had begun, but the scabbing was gone. Slowly, the tattoo turned from red to white. It was recommended by a GP that I sue the dermatologist, and I am considering it still but lack resources.Recently, I was able to have 3 sessions of laser resurfacing in order to remove the scars and stimulate pigment production. The result of all of the information listed above (botched tattoo removal and laser resurfacing) has resulted in this:http://imgur.com/a/80AWzI ironically now work at a dermatology clinic under a brilliant and very kind doctor. I opened up to my coworker about the scars, which I rarely do. I am covered up 24/7 so no one even notices. She recommends I ask my boss for help, but I just can't bring myself to. I feel so ashamed, and so many people have called me stupid for getting a tattoo there in the first place. I have been told so many times that it was my fault the skin was damaged because if I hadn't gotten the tattoo in the first place, none of this would have happened. Even my own family has said this to me. My current boyfriend encourages me to just wear low-cut shirts and just show the scars and act like it doesn't bother me when people stare, but I can't. I would do anything to be "normal" again.I was hoping someone here could recommend more creams, scar removal therapies, anything. I have wanted to be a normal woman again for so long now and I feel like it's healed enough that maybe it's possible, but I don't know what to do next. I have tried many different kinds of creams, laser resurfacing, phototherapy, etc., even smearing lemon juice on the affected site because I reached a point where I tried almost anything I found online.Any advice would make me feel a smidgen better, and the people in this subreddit have a good reputation for knowing their stuff.Thank you!
Girls Blog 2015
Submitted by 4576736887
No comments:
Post a Comment