Beauty Tips For Body Care
Klairs Midnight Blue Calming CreamYay…I’m so happy to be back to writing reviews! The past couple of weeks have left me less than motivated to talk/write about skincare. But, I feel like finding a balance between keeping up with my interests/hobbies while also setting aside time to support the community will be best for me. Plus…looking at my spreadsheet and seeing so many products approaching the one month mark makes me anxious LOL!The Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream is a product that so many people have suggested to me and raved about. This is a medium weight/thick cream style product that has a very slight “jelly” feel compared to other heavier night creams. Featured ingredients include Sodium Hyaluronate, Centella Asiatica (wow…writing that for the first time in weeks is nice), Shea Butter, Argan Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Lotus Flower Extract, and several Ceramides/Peptides. Blue Chamomile Extract is also featured here to really support calming/redness reduction. That ingredient is also what gives this product its light blue hue.Application of this product is pretty straight forward…just slap it on LOL! The Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream applies/glides on fairly easily and absorbs well. In fact…for me it tended to absorb a little too well for my taste leading me to use a bit more per application than I had anticipated. The lack of added fragrance (including essential oils) here means that this product has a light “lotion” scent but really there isn’t much of a scent at all.Once applied and absorbed…the Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream really impressed me with the light yet slightly dewy finish it left my skin. Even with the various oils and Shea Butter this product doesn’t feel greasy or leave a shiny residue. I kind of love the way my skin looks after using this product to the point that I could see myself using it in the AM if my skin was feeling particularly dry. This product really leaves my skin feeling nourished and hydrated.As for the calming/soothing benefit, that is where this product takes a bit of a stumble in my opinion (I know…GASP). While I do think the Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream provides a physical cooling effect upon application and some mild redness reduction…it wasn’t as impactful on my skin as it has been for so many others. It was a great support product (especially as I was adjusting to Tretinoin)…but I found myself relying much more on the I’m From Mugwort Essence and Mask as real soothing/redness reducing steps.The Ceramides here along with the nourishing emollients are an excellent way to moisturize the skin and lock in hydration. There is no doubt that this product helped to keep my skin as happy and healthy as it could be while adjusting to Tretinoin and I’m so glad I decided two work it into my routine. But, those that are looking specifically for a calming/soothing product and aren’t as concerned with the other benefits may be left wanting more. Also, those that tend to go heavy with their night cream application (be it to quench dry skin or just as a personal preference) may burn through this product faster than anticipated. I was lucky enough to have both the 30ml and 60ml versions and I ended up having to crack open the 60ml before the month trial was up just to finish out the month.When it comes to a recommendation…I don’t know if I can call this one a winner for me or point people to it. If calming/soothing are what you are after I would go for the I’m From Mugwort Essence and keep your moisturizer focused on hydration/nourishment. If Ceramides/Peptides are your jam this could be a good option…but keep an eye out for products that don’t have the Blue Chamomile (as they might be a bit more affordable). I have the Klairs Supple Preparation All-Over Lotion in my stash now and while it does not contain Peptides it does have Ceramides, Jojoba Oil, and Shea Butter. From what I remember it is about the same price as the 60ml Midnight Blue Calming Cream…but it comes in at 250ml.I’ll keep hunting for a moisturizer that perfectly marries soothing/calming with. nourishment…I just didn’t find the Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream to be it.Full Ingredients List: Water, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Centella Asiatica Extract, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Ceramide NP, Polysorbate 60, Candelilla Cera, Chlorphenesin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Morus Alba Root Extract, Tromethamine, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Guaiazulene, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Lecithin, Acetyl Glutamine, sh-Oligopeptide-1, sh-Oligopeptide-2, sh-Polypeptide-1, sh-Polypeptide-9, sh-Polypeptide-11, Bacillus/Soybean/Folic Acid Ferment Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-HexanediolWhere To Buy ($24.50 USD on Wishtrend for 30ml): https://www.wishtrend.com/shop/midnight-blue-calming-cream/
Girls Blog 2015
Submitted by ajkbeauty
No comments:
Post a Comment