Saturday, 4 July 2015

Tea tree oil gave me a rash... How do I recover?

Beauty Tips For Body Care
Hi everyone! I have lurked on this subreddit for quote a while and had heard that tea tree oil was quite good for acne. Now, I did a really unfortunate thing and didn't research this. Long story short, I out the undiluted tea tree oil a pimple under my nose and in less than 24 hours I got a rash.The skin was red and had raised bumps where I had applied the oil. I tried using coconut oil throughout the evening and cold compresses and before I went to bed it looked a bit better. I tried a hydrocortisone cream before I went to bed and I've woken up and the rash seems worse. It is extremely hot, itchy and the red area has expanded a little.I'm at a loss... I've taken reactine and I'm sitting with a cool compress now, but I'm hesitant to put anything on the rash in case it worsens it like I suspect the hydrocortisone has done. I tried to research it but most people are saying they got a chemical burn whereas mine looks like an allergic reaction. Please help me!Also, yes, I've leaned my lesson about undiluted EO'S.
Girls Blog 2015
Submitted by snarferdawn

No comments:

Post a Comment