Beauty Tips For Body Care
Little story time because I'm really proud/happy :) My skin has improved tenfolds in the past 2 years, and recently, I was told I have beautiful skin by two different people in one day. Even though I rarely get zits anymore, I still could've believe it when I heard it. I had always accepted that bad skin was a part of me. Something I would just have to accept. I had mild - moderate acne with very oily skin for years. I would get pustules and cysts that hurt like HELL and left huge PIH marks on my face after they were gone. I remember specifically that people would point out my acne or blemishes, recommend products, or ask me why my skin looked 'wet'.When I went on birth control for my acne during my freshman year of college, my face exploded with acne. I had red marks/pustules EVERYWHERE. My self confidence plummeted when I heard a guy I had a crush on make a joke about my skin to someone else. I never let anyone see me without makeup, which was difficult because I lived in a dorm. I was so ashamed of my skin. I would actually have dreams of waking up to clear skin.2 years later and my skin is 100% clear. I still get zits on occasion, but they are rare and nothing like before. They heal very quickly, and people actually compliment my skin now and ask what I do to maintain it. I just wanted to thank SCA for all of the information I've gathered. If it weren't for SCA, I would probably still be using ProActiv or whatever else I was doing that did absolutely nothing for my acne. I can't explain how much more confident I am with clear skin. I can have fun with makeup now instead of thinking of it as a necessity in order to look 'normal'. So, thank you SCA. Thank you so much for all the helpful tips, scientifically backed products, and information on what works/what doesn't! :)For anyone wondering, my current routine is:AM: CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser, Aczone gel, CeraVe AMPM: Dr. Hauschka Soothing Cleansing Milk (makeup remover), CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser, alternate b/t .05% generic tretinoin cream and Mizon 8% AHA Peeling Serum, CeraVe PMWeekly treatments and masks that I alternate between: Clarisonic Mia exfoliation, Freeman Facial Purifying Acai Clay Mask, Freeman Pineapple Enzyme Mask, MyBeautyDiary Black Pearl sheet mask, Laneige Water Sleeping Mask, Origins Drink Up moisture mask, Korres clay maskI have also been taking 100 mg of Spironolactone per day for the past 2 years. Spiro is possibly what has helped my skin the most. It has drastically reduced my zits and oily skin. However, I've been coming off of it for the past month and my skin has still been doing well, so we'll see what happens!
Girls Blog 2015
Submitted by holyshitnuggets
No comments:
Post a Comment