Beauty Tips For Body Care
Hey Skincareaddiction! This is long, but hopefully worth it!I've submitted on here a lot asking for help, and not knowing what to do or where to go. I've had chin acne since I was 17, but it got worse at 23. At 19 I went on the pill and it cleared up, but after a year, I had to stop taking it and went on the mini pill. My chin went crazy, and I covered it with loads of makeup. I found skincareaddiction and started the beginners programme. It took ages to find products that didn't make it worse. I started with Stridex BHA but nothing changed, so I added St Ives pads (AHA). These broke me out so much (I'd never had acne this bad) so I changed to Paula's choice 8% AHA; I purged, but I was still getting breakouts. I stopped using the stridex on my chin and it got better; however, still breakouts. I checked all my makeup and stopped using anything with Alcohol Denat. in it because I had read this can irritate some people. I then heard a lot of good things about benzoyl peroxide, but people said about it not being suitable for people with dry skin (mine was super dry, dehydrated), but I couldn't stand my chin, so I felt like I had nothing to lose. This was when things changed for the better... It took months of trial and error, researching like crazy and being so depressed with my skin to get where I am now, but I finally got there. I don't get any breakouts now, except the odd closed comedone which turns into a whitehead. I still have a few red marks from the acne, but it's getting better each day. I'm not sure if just one thing helped, or if it was everything I did, but I'm going to continue using my routine forever as it works for me. I was told it was hormonal acne as it was on my chin, so I don't know if that's what it was and I'm actually able to manage it now. For anyone in my before position, keep trying, have a look at your current routine, makeup, anything you use on your face and experiment. It may take ages, but I believe honestly you'll get there. I thought there was no hope for me, but I managed it! I hope this encourages you!My current routine:AM: Clinique moisture surge, apply skin aqua moisture milk white, apply makeupPM: OCM using Johnsons first touch baby oil, massage in for 30 seconds, wash off with boots sensitive foaming cleanser. Alternate days Paulas' choice 8% AHA, Stridex and Neutrogena On the spot Benzoyl peroxide 2.5%. Wait 20 mins and apply Oilatum natural repair face cream. Once a week Queen Helene Julep masque.And finally the pictures!
Girls Blog 2015
Submitted by fluffy-ears
No comments:
Post a Comment