Sunday, 25 October 2015

[Personal] I HATE having my skin and hair diagnosed by a beauty rep when I go product shopping.

Beauty Tips For Body Care
I was at my local Heath and Glow (chain of beauty product stores in India) a while ago and was looking for beauty products from Indian companies to take as gifts for friends I'm going to meet in Singapore.I usually love / hate this store because it stocks a large and diverse range of products and also has the most insistent and intrusive beauty reps manning the place.Yesterday, I went to a different H & G because I wanted to escape my local place's over helpful staff. There what I got instead were two reps who were way too close to me for comfort and stared at me the whole time I contemplated what goodies I was going to buy. So I picked up just a few things and ran away, thinking I'd go to my local store cause at least I already know them a little.So this morning, I'm choosing stuff and this rep loudly tells me about this new conditioner that's out and adds "because your hair is very dry."I'm so put off. I've only recently started seeing improvements since I implemented the curly girl method a few months back and was finally starting to feel somewhat comfortable with the state of my curls. Here I am thinking to myself that my hair is looking nice, but no. Let's tell me and the whole store that I have dry hair.I say something and go back to browsing. I automatically start to head to the other end of the store because I just want to move away before she makes anymore helpful remarks. Then I get a "Are you using any face packs for your pigmentation? ", as I'm walking away. And I respond with no eye contact and a "No." "You are using medicated creams?" "Yes."And I'm pretty unhappy at this point. After my son's birth was the most difficult time of my life. I broke up with my ex who had tried to sleep with my best friend and I felt ugly and used.My skin had massive skin darkening and patches due to hormones and I had pimples and marks and I felt awful. I still have pics of the days after my son's birth and I'm horrified at how really bad my skin had been.It was only two years later that I decided to get whatever treatment I had to to fix my skin. My dermatologist had me do peels and I found this sub. I became religious about sunscreen and have indoctrinated my family's female members as well.My skin finally started to improve and I'm looking as good as I ever will. I suppose I'll always have some spots or marks, but overall I'm so grateful for how much better my skin is. So it really sucks to have this rep just happily tell me what my fucking problems are.I know. I've lived through them. I have taken every step to fix them. You're not qualified to tell me. You don't even have the basic knowledge SCAers have from reading the sidebar and wiki. (And I don't mean all reps. I just don't think there are any in my city who know their skin care). You know the ingredient list on the products you're commissioned to sell and don't know my skin.If all it took was another new product to fix my hair, it would have been fine 10 years ago. If all it took was your brand of cream or whatever face pack you want to sell me to make my skin look flawless, I would have amazing skin already. Leave me alone.I frequent this store a great deal and I do need to be polite to the people who work there. I just hate how predatory they get and how I can't browse peacefully without getting their stuff shoved down my throat. But next time I'm going to be a lot colder and say "I'll ask for help if I need it." Sorry for wall of text.TL;DR: I go to local beauty product store and beauty rep tells me I have dry hair and pigmented skin and should use her products.
Girls Blog 2015
Submitted by mishmash27

No comments:

Post a Comment