Wednesday, 20 February 2019

[acne] Finished my course of Accutane today!

Beauty Tips For Body Care
I’m 28F, have been struggling with acne since I was a teenager. I’ve asked my primary care physicians for help in the past, but only got prescribed topicals that didn’t seem to help much.Last year, I finally got to the point where I’d had enough. Went directly to a dermatologist. She prescribed about 8 different oral + topicals for me to take including antibiotics and spironolactone. When none of those worked, I finally was recommended Accutane. She told me that the side effects and risks were way overblown, the only side effect she would actually expect to see would be dryness of skin and lips. Considering how badly I had been struggling with my skin, dryness didn’t seem like much of a concern at all. I bought a tub of aquaphor for my skin and several aquaphor lip balms in preparation and got my blood work done. (In the past, blood work has been required every month, but now they only require it once at the start of treatment and once in the middle.) Started on accutane and now 5 months later, I’m done!My skin has been perfectly clear throughout the treatment, except for one bad breakout under my lip about 3 months in. The dryness definitely was there, but it was no big deal given all the time I had already been wasting caring for my skin due to the acne. No other side effects at all. Dermatologist tells me I should never have to worry about acne again. So so happy I did it. Feel comfortable going outside without makeup for basically the first time ever in my life. Only wish I’d done it a decade earlier.Hope the rest of you struggling with acne realize that Accutane is an option earlier than I did. Happy to answer questions! :)
Girls Blog 2015
Submitted by flutterfly28

No comments:

Post a Comment